Menu Index

My Blog's Anniversary ~ Blogoversary First Year & Counting !!

Happy First Blog Anniversary "Sharan's Samayalarai"

I am so excited to celebrate this huge accomplished milestone in my life . This incredible adventurous ride has been challenging, interesting, exciting, stressful, rewarding which made this anniversary a moment to be grateful of !

My hearty thanks to all my friends, family, subscribers and readers who follow this blog in one way or another. Your kind comments and feedback have felt like a virtual hug, your shares and re-tweets have been a virtual high-five. Whether you have commented, messaged or e-mailed, or even if you are just a "lurker" here, I appreciate your reading! YOU have been gracious, complimentary, and constructive with me.

I knew nothing in cooking when I came to US in Dec 2011. I had difficulties in cooking and I missed my parents so very badly. I needed an outlet to share my little victories whether it was putting dinner on the table or hanging a curtain rod. "Sharan's Samayalarai" was born shortly after I discovered, I actually enjoyed cooking. Amazing how things have changed since!!!

Many exotic ingredients available almost on our doorstep brought a whole new dimension to cooking for me. The fact that I started this blog made me explore other cultures cuisines and to be always searching for new ingredients and new ways of using them in various recipes.

I always expected this to be my private little corner of the web, but I had no idea I was embarking on a great adventure filled with such interesting people. Thank you for challenging me to be more vulnerable. A year ago I would never have imagined that, today I would have blog and viewers across the globe; It's been amazing to watch the blog grow from having 0 to 80+ thousand visitors. Here’s a recap of the stats I’ve managed to build my first year in review.
=======================================
Posts : 249                                    Total Comments : 911
Page Views : 81,715                    No, of Country Views : 139
Facebook followers : 643         Twitter followers : 107
Google+ followers : 91             Networked-blog : 39
Plus email subscribers.
========================================

Let’s revisit some of the most popular posts to date : -

1. Turkey Keema Curry
2. Vankaya Pulusu / Eggplant(Brinjal) Curry
3. Muttai Kuzhambu / Egg Curry
4. Chicken Biriyani - Easy Method
5. Ennai Kathirikkai Kuzhambu / Brinjal Curry
6. Tomato Dosa
7. Banana Halwa
8. Egg Free Waffles
9. Cauliflower Augratin
10. Cauliflower Masala Dosa

On this special day, I feel so happy to announce my new website - "www.vigsha.com" which is a combo of both our names ~ Vignesh & Sharanya . I wouldn't have come this far without my husband's support. He is my pillar of strength. He has encouraged, motivated me to post different recipes and try different cuisines. Most of all, he is the best critic of my recipes.

Again, I'm enormously thankful to those who take the time to read this blog, try my recipes, share this little blog with others and send me your opinions. I am looking forward to spending another great year with more vision, focus, and delicious things coming out of my kitchen and through the lens of my camera! Lets make the next one even better!

If you enjoy reading my blog, Join my page on Facebook |  follow me on Twitter  | add me on Google+

Cheers,